Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness (see checklist of symptoms) brought on by a virus known as SARS-CoV-2.
Here’s what we presently know:
- The primary means the virus spreads is from person-to-person by way of respiratory droplets when individuals cough, sneeze, or by talking.
- You might also be able to get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it, and then touching your mouth, nostril, or eyes.
- The virus may be spread by people who are not experiencing signs and symptoms.COVID-19 can typically trigger serious complications.
Individuals at an increased risk for extreme sickness include:
As a fitness center and fitness center employer, your workforce may be exposed to the virus when:
- In close contact (within less than 6 feet) with other people infected with the SARS-CoV-2 virus at the worksite, which can include coworkers, patrons, or service providers.
- Touching or dealing with continuously touched surfaces and gear, after which touching your mouth, nostril, or eyes.
To know more visit the CDC guidelines here.