Nike continues to accelerate its digital transformation in Southeast Asia and India (SEA&I) with the launch of the Nike App — the company’s fastest growing platform — providing members with personalized access to the best of Nike. The free Nike App launches today in Singapore, Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia, India and Taiwan.
Nike is leading its growth strategy with the digital and direct businesses through new technologies, capabilities and innovations. The Nike App connects Nike members to product, guidance, rewards and experiences, all tailored to their individual preferences. A digital Nike hub in the palm of your hand, members receive product recommendations based on what they love, with fast and secure checkout.
Nike’s growing ecosystem in SEA&I allows consumers to shop on their terms — how, when and where they want. Consumers can shop at Nike stores and Nike partner stores, as well as online through the Nike App, Nike.com, SNKRS Web and the official Nike stores with digital partners, such as Lazada. Nike is also helping people make sport a daily habit through the Nike Run Club (NRC) and Nike Training Club (NTC) activity apps.
There are a number of member benefits through the Nike App, inclusive of:
Exclusive access: Members will have a chance to get the latest product drops, early and exclusively within the App, including weekly drops every Friday with key styles such as Air Jordan 1, Air Force 1 and Air Max. To kick off the launch, members can get early access to Space Jam products, exclusively on the Nike App.
Member rewards: Members will unlock exciting rewards through their personalized “Member Wallet” where they can find exclusive promotions, access to events and more. Starting July 12, members can complete in weekly challenges on the NRC or NTC Apps to gain access to the Champions Locker on the Nike App — an exclusive unlock with members-only access to product and content within the App.
Inspirational content: Members will have access to stories, guidance and other inspirational content available only in the App.
By downloading the Nike App between now and July 22, consumers will receive a 10 percent discount off their next purchase within the App.
Download the Nike App now to unlock 10 percent off your next purchase.
NIKE APP – FAQ
WHAT IS NIKE ANNOUNCING TODAY?
- Today we are launching the Nike App in Singapore, Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia, India and Taiwan on Android and iOS platforms.
- The Nike App includes lots of exciting services and experiences.
- The Nike App delivers personal access to everything you want from Nike, all in one place. Products and events, sport and style guidance, and your own personal shop.
- Members can also access member-only product featuring highly-coveted collaborations and Nike’s latest innovations, with options to personalize.
- There are also a number of other benefits available to members including priority checkout at NFS Stores and member shopping hours.
WHAT IS NIKE MEMEBERSHIP?
- Think of Nike membership as an all-access pass to the best of Nike, for you.
- Nike membership is your account for everything Nike. Anyone can sign up for free to access all you need from Nike—from apps to gear, guidance to events, and receipt free returns—in a single, free account. Your one account works across all Nike apps, Nike.com, and in Nike stores.
- We heard from our athletes* and they want more than a dashboard, they want a relationship and we are delivering that through personalized digital products like the Nike App, new physical and digital membership retail experiences, and our Nike Training Club and Nike Run Club apps.
THE NIKE APP
- The Nike App offers personalized access to everything you want from Nike, all in one place. Products and events, sport and style guidance, and your own personal Nike shop.
- Additionally you can easily track your activity, orders, purchase history, and enjoy receipt-free returns.
- Gear – Products, member exclusives and your own personal Nike shop with fast and secure checkout.
- Guidance – All of the sport and style tips you need to achieve your goals.
- Events – Book your spot and join Nike for special events.
WHY WOULD I WANT TO DOWNLOAD THE NIKE APP?
- The Nike App is a phenomenal way to access the very best of Nike.
- It’s the best gear, guidance and events from Nike delivered to you in a personal and easy to use way.
- The Nike App is Nike using digital innovation to drive a new era of personalized performance.
- When we know you better we can serve you better, and the Nike App embodies that focus from Nike to serve athletes completely and in a more personalized way.
- The Nike App will offer early and exclusive access to members for some of the most coveted Nike product and promotions, some of which will be available only in the App.
WHAT ARE THE KEY FEATURES OF THE NIKE APP?
- The best Nike products and experiences tailored for you.
- A member Exclusive shop with fast and secure checkout.
- Your one hub for everything Nike. Easily track your orders, store your event invites and enjoy receipt free returns.
WILL THE NIKE APP GIVE ME EARLY ACCESS TO HIGHLY COVETED SNEAKER LAUNCHES?
- SNKRS Web is the best way to stay up to date with coveted sneaker drops or be notified on the official public launch of new footwear drops.
- Having the Nike App and visiting SNKRS Web is the best way to ensure you have access to highly coveted sneaker drops.
WILL NIKE LAUNCH THE SNKRS APP IN THE NEAR FUTURE?
- At Nike, we are continually evaluating our digital platform offerings across all markets.
- Currently, you can access the latest sneaker drops through SNKRS Web.
HOW MUCH OF NIKE’S PRODUCT WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE TO NIKE MEMBERS?
- Our primary focus is delivering the most personal access to the best of Nike. Product from across Nike will be available to members – similar to what is on Nike.com.
- The Nike App will offer early and exclusive access to members for some of the most coveted Nike product, some of which will be available only in the App.
ISN’T THIS JUST AN APP FOR SHOPPING?
- The Nike App delivers significantly more than a shopping experience – including access to guidance, community, incredible experiences and events, the best Nike stories, and more.
- The Nike App also seamlessly connects to the Nike Run Club and Nike Training Club apps to deliver one integrated and intelligent experience to members.
HOW WILL NIKE BE USING AND SAFEGUARDING THE CONSUMER DATA THAT IT GATHERS?
- Our goal is to be clear to consumers about the information we collect when they use our products and services, and how we use their information.
- Nike takes the protection of consumer data very seriously.
- We always welcome the opportunity to enhance the experience for our users while also protecting the information they share with us.
WHAT DO NIKE MEMBERS EXPERIENCE ON NIKE.COM IN COUNTRIES WHERE THE NIKE APP IS NOT AVAILABLE?
- Many of the benefits of having a free Nike membership account can be accessed and used without the App via Nike.com, such as special rewards for moments and milestones, like your birthday.
- Your Nike Inbox can be accessed online in your browser or through apps including Nike Training Club.
- Logging in on Nike.com also makes it easy to access the right gear for you, to book spots at Nike events, and get the guidance you need to meet your goals.
IF I HAVE THE NIKE APP DOES THAT MEAN I HAVE TO STILL OPEN THE NIKE RUN CLUB OR NIKE TRAINING CLUB APP?
- Your Nike membership account also allows you to sign into the other Nike apps like Nike Run Club, Nike Training Club and Nike.com.
- Your Nike membership profile activity will be viewable to you inside each app if relevant and contextual to a given app experience. For example, your Nike Run Club activity is also viewable to you on nike.com if you log in with your Nike account.
HOW DOES THE NIKE APP COMPETE WITH OTHER APPS?
- Many of the other apps out there are focused on more of a customer acquisition strategy than on really making athletes better by offering guidance for the right gear and world class motivation.
WHAT IS THE BENEFIT OF HAVING A NIKE MEMBERSHIP ACCOUNT IF I CAN’T DOWNLOAD THE NIKE APP?
- Many of the benefits of having a Nike membership account can be accessed and used on Nike.com without the app including easy, 30-day returns.
- Your Nike inbox can be accessed online in your browser (on Nike.com) or through the Nike Training Club and Nike Run Club apps.
- Logging onto your Nike membership account in your browser also gives you access to more gear, more events and more coaching.
- Stay motivated, challenged and connected in pursuit of your potential using your Nike log-in on Nike.com.
WHY IS THE NIKE APP NOT AVAILABLE IN MORE COUNTRIES?
- The Nike App is currently available in 44 countries on Android and iOS.
- We are working quickly to offer the Nike App in additional countries as soon as possible.
- Many of the benefits of Nike membership are available worldwide on Nike.com and via the Nike Training Club and Nike Run Club.
WHAT NIKE SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE?
- A single Nike login and registration means that your profile on Nike.com will be aligned across Nike’s digital ecosystem, including apps like the Nike App, Nike Training Club and Nike Run Club.
- Your Nike Inbox may receive Nike Activity App achievements, online order and purchase information, and brand storytelling.
- Store Locator lets users find stores and easily understand what services are available.
- The Nike Pass, available via your Nike membership profile, will be enabled in the Nike App and on Nike.com so you can use it to check in easily and get personalized service at Nike stores and events, and make easy, receipt-free returns.
HOW MANY NIKE MEMBERS DO YOU HAVE?
- We don’t break out specific numbers but we can say that Nike memberhsip is a global community of millions with over a billion touch points across the Nike universe.
HOW DO WE SEE NIKE MEMBERSHIP FUELING GROWTH FOR NIKE?
- The better our relationship is with an athlete, the better we can serve them. Which means we can meet their needs more fully—giving them opportunities to engage more deeply and more often with our brand.
- We know that people who are engaged in our digital eco-system spend exponentially more on Nike product than the average Nike consumer.
HOW HAS COVID-19 IMPACTED NIKE’S BUSINESS, IN PARTICULAR WITH DIGITAL?
- We recognize that consumer expectations and behaviors have fundamentally shifted forever, and the biggest shift is toward digital.
- This past year has been unlike anything we’ve experienced as a company – and we’re certainly not unique there.
- As brick-and-mortar stores shut down, consumers switched to online shopping, accelerating the shift towards a more digital world.
- Nike is fueling a digital transformation through new technologies, capabilities and innovations.