This is an exercise for lats, biceps and middle back strengthening; which is similar t0 the basic chin up but focusses more on lats.
- Grasp the pull up bar with a shoulder width underhand grip.
- Hang from the bar with your arms fully extended.
- Pulling yourself towards the bar lean your head back as far as you can and arch your spine.
- Continuing pulling so that your collarbone passes the bar and you are able to touch your sternum to the bar.
- Slowly lower yourself back to starting position.
- Repeat this motion.
Ensure you contract your core and back muscles through out this exercise in order to prevent injury and maximise the effectiveness of this exercise.
Exercise images by Everkinetic.