This version of a decline crunch isolates the oblique (side) muscles of the abs.
- Lie on a decline bench face up.
- Place your feet securely under the pads.
- Place your hands either across your chest or on either side of your head (over your ears).
- Raise your shoulders and chest up keeping your back straight and bring your left elbow to your right knee, slowly crunching your abs.
- Pause for a moment and then return to the starting position.
- Lay fully back and repeat with your right elbow to your left knee.
Exercise images by Everkinetic.