This is an exercise for shoulder, trapezius and middle back strengthening.
- Grasp the handle of the low pulley with your right hand.
- Bend forward from the waist; your upper body should be nearly parallel with the floor.
- Bend your knees slightly and place your left hand on your left thigh.
- Let your right arm hang from your shoulder in front of you with your elbow slightly bent. This is your starting position.
- Lift your right arm, keeping your elbow slightly bent.
- Keep moving your arm until it is parallel to the floor, in line with your right ear.
- Slowly bring the weight back down to the starting position.
- Perform exercise on left arm and then repeat.
Start with a lower weight in order to perfect the technique.
Ensure your back remains straight throughout this exercise in order to prevent injury.
Exercise images by Everkinetic.