Are you sick and tired of not getting the kind of results you want? Does it seem like no matter how hard you work in the gym or the amount of protein shakes that you consume you still don’t have the perfect beach body? Well listen up, the next 7 tips that I’m about to reveal will not only help you get bigger muscles but they will help you get bigger muscles quickly, safely and effectively.
If you are not doing, even just one of these tips, then you are making it very hard for yourself to build muscle.
Ok, so let’s get bigger muscles.
1. Commitment. It takes a good deal of commitment to build muscle. Commit to training 3-4 times per week. This is enough to stimulate and strain the muscles and allow them to grow. Once you go home rest the muscles and allow them recover with a protein shake. Rinse and repeat.
2. Focus on the main muscle groups. Too many weight lifters out there focus too much of their time and energy on the biceps and triceps. These are weak muscles and by focusing only on them you will build weak muscles. Instead work your big muscles like the chest, back, shoulders etc with compound exercises like dead lifts and squats. By building up your big muscles you have better technique and can perform more reps and sets, thus allowing you to get bigger muscles.
3. Supplements. Supplements are a great way to get bigger muscles but only of you are using the right ones. Products such as protein powder, powdered creatine, multi vitamins and fish oil capsules are all great for the body and muscles. Avoid the latest flashy products whose long term effects have not been recorded.
4. Work on your cardio. There is a common misconception out there that working on your cardio is bad for building muscle. This is completely false. In fact cardio workouts are a great way to get bigger muscles because they speed up recovery and keep your heart and lungs in good shape.
5. Stretch for half the time that you lift weights. Stretching keeps the muscle long and lowers your chances of getting injured whilst training. Moreover without stretching your muscles with shorten and you will actually start to perform worse. Stretching is a must if you want to get bigger muscles.
6. Eat a balanced diet at least 6 times a day. If you want to build up muscle then it is obvious that you have to eat a bit more, however eating just anything will not help. You want to intake about 45% carbs, 35% proteins and 20% fat. Try to make sure that over half of your meals are proper whole foods and the remainder can be liquids like protein shakes and meal replacement.
7. Train like a barbarian. It’s too often that you see people at the gym not working as hard as they could be; they sit around and amble from set to set. If you want to get bigger muscles then you have to work hard. Act like each and every set and rep is your last and push yourself to the limit. There’s an old saying “You only get out of it what you put into it”.
OK, so now you know the 7 steps for getting bigger muscles. They may sound simple but if you remember and apply these techniques and tips then you will reap the rewards. If you are skipping even just one of these steps then you truly are making it hard for yourself to get bigger muscles.
I wish you all the best and hope you get the kind of results that you deserve. By Tommy B