The techniques is identical to that of the Smith Machine dead lift except for the fact that this exercise provides less support.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart so that your feet are under the bar.
- Keeping your back straight bend at the waist, allow some bend in your knees.
- Grasp the par with an overhand grip approximately 16 inches apart.
- Straighten your back as you hold the bar at arm’s length.
- Bend over again lowering the bar to just above the floor.
This is an advanced exercise and should be perfected first with the Smith Machine.
Exercise images by Everkinetic.